We get this question a lot. What happens to the teams and Prototypes after In50hrs. Thought we’d answer:
There are three key things to achieve in event like In50hrs:
1. Form the Pitch and prove the capability to attract a team
2. Test Drive the team
3. Build a prototype that encapsulates the essence of the idea and allows you to validate it with people without necessarily having to be there in person.
The next step after In50hrs would be to take the time to build that prototype into a product - and that is a longer process. You have to get the userflows right, setup the landing page, the login screens etc etc, and flesh out the MVP that one will pay for, and sign up a paying customer.
The Startup Centre has a programme named The Resident Programme which works closely with teams to do this - including taking them to customers to market validate it. (http://www.thestartupcentre.com/…)
There are a few things you should do, no matter what, just right after In50hrs:
1. Setup your landing page
2. Give it a name and get the url
3. Host the Prototype online under a subdomain (http://prototype.xyz.com)
4. Make a video of that one key feature of the product - as built in In50hrs, and
use that to get signups for your beta.
5. Apply for the TSC Resident Programme - or start working on building the Product.