In50hrs Chennai, the first event this year ended with a bang! A variegated set of ideas got prototyped.
The hotcake idea of the event was Toungez.
Toungez - In couchsurfing style, that allows people find local (language) support, when travelling. We often travel to places of a different dialect and get stumped at various places not knowing how to respond when people speak to you in a different language altogether. Toungez comes to a rescue as a mobile app with a repository of native language speakers, by letting you call them who can help you out, bridging the communication gap.
- Twitter Chat - A better way to do a DM conversation - offline from twitter. Most business connects happen over social media in the current era. After a couple of to and fro messages(or @mentions) on twitter, you’d want to take things the old school way of emailing each other. Twitter Chat aims at being a new age tool that lets you have a real time conversation, following up with the earlier conversation on twitter.
- Shopzi - The challenge with garments online, is that reviews and recommendations are yet to be cracked. There is a huge galore of fashion apparels across various online fashion stores making it difficult for a consumer to circle down onto something interesting. Shopzi wishes to be ‘the’ place where one can compare designs, prices from and also take a sneak peek at new fashion trends.
- Quiz.io - Quizzes are now just an email away. It’s a pain for a lot of teachers and professors to make questions and answers and upload it to a web app/module for students to take quizzes. Quiz.io makes it easy by letting educators make quizzes with just sending across an email.
- TubeWall - An online video editing service, which will allow users to enhance the experience by slicing and adding own comments. Whenever we watch videos online, we always have something to say like “notice this at that time” or wish to point out something particular. TubeWall
- Conneck.me - A social discovery app. . Most Networking happens at events. But at the same time its hard to find people of similar interests or cadre. Connect.me aims at solving the problem with its interesting algorithm that matches based on connect/proximity as app.
- Simple CMS - A site builder that anyone who doesnt know to code can use to build sites. It’s known that building a website is not an easy job for most non techies. Simple CMS aims at being a simple tool for people
- Microfin - A Microfinance Manager for NGOs. Raising money is the easiest bit in an NGO. Channelling the fund and making sure its rightly used is a big challenge by itself. Microfin comes as a boon for NGOs to funnel and track the fund wisely
- Demovote - A social activist app, allowing constituents to know what their electoral candidates stand for (policy wise). Demovote lets you get all the information you need with the click of a button.
- RC Laddu - A Responsive content Concept, with adaptive content depending on devices. We live in a world where technology is advancing at lightning speed. With that, the way consuming content across various blend of devices has had a drastic change.
A Big Thank You to all the Mentors and Jury who helped shape Ideas to Interesting Prototypes with their valuable Inputs and Feedbacks.
Mentors - Dorai Thodla from iMorph, Mahul Shah from Amazon, Prasannan, an Independent Mobile Consultant
Jurors - Dorai Thodlafrom iMorph
Some great words about the event:
“Was a great experience. Met some awesome people at the event and yeah, gave some shape to our idea” - Anand Ravichandran
Facebook Album of the event -> https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.536897833010408.124100.427343437299182&type=1&l=c92ae0e1fb